best oils for seasoning cast iron in 2019 (Top 10 Product Review)
Are you looking for best oils for seasoning cast iron? This is the common question of most kitchen holder. Personally I face the same problem. I tried so many oils for seasoning cast iron. Then I take advice from many specialist. After that, I cheat a short list of best oil to season cast iron.
Actually there are so many ways to season cast iron. Best way is season with oil. Beside specialist suggestion I read so many customer review and market research. It helps me so much to create this short list. Personally I use the first five product to season cast iron cookware.
Best Oil to Season Cast Iron – Comparison Chart
|Image||Seasoning Oil||Weight||Editor's Rating||Product Link|
|Organic Cast Iron Oil & Cast Iron Conditioner (4 oz)||4 ounces||4.4|
|Caron Doucet – Cast Iron Care Bundle – Cast Iron Oil & Cast Iron Soap||1.32 pounds||4.7|
|Caron & Doucet – Cast Iron Seasoning Oil & Conditioner||7.2 ounces||4.7|
|KitCast Natural Cast Iron Flax Oil with Free eBook, 150ml||2.4 ounces||4.6|
|16 oz Cast Iron Oil and Grill Conditioner||14.9 ounces||4.3|
|Camp Chef Cast Iron Conditioner||2 pounds||4.5|
|Kuche Chef Organic Cast Iron Oil & Cast Iron Conditioner (8 oz)||8 ounces||4.4|
|Crisbee Stik Original Cast Iron Seasoning Oil & Conditioner||3.52 ounces||4.8|
|Lodge A-SPRAY Seasoning Spray, 8-Ounce, Yellow||7.8 ounces||4.3|
|Crisbee Puck Tin Original Cast Iron Seasoning Oil & Conditioner||6.6 ounces||4.7|
Top 10 Best Oils for Seasoning Cast Iron
Organic Cast Iron Oil & Cast Iron Conditioner (4 oz)
Kuche Chef Cast Iron Oil is made in USA from organic flaxseed oil. Flaxseed oil contains with a high concentration of Omega-3 fatty acids. Flaxseed oil is a drying oil, it is not like other canola oil, palm oil and common household oils. This organic oil makes your cast iron cookware stick and it will never go rancid.
This oil keeps your cast iron cookware shiny, smooth and non-stick result. It is easier to clean cookware with this oil. From last three month I am using this oil in my kitchen. It makes my food taste batter.
Another great feature is they give a details guidelines to clean the cookware. The oil is perfect to season all kinds of cookware such as pans, dutch ovens, pots, griddles, pans and mineral B pans.
How to season cast iron cookware with Kuche Chef Cast Iron Oil:
- Warm the cast iron for 15 minutes in 200°F (100°C) in the oven to open its pores.
- Remove the cookware from oven
- Take 1 tablespoon oil and put in the pan, rub the oil in the surface with using paper towels
- Keep the cookware in cold oven and then set the oven to 450°F (250°C), heat for 60 minutes.
- After that cool the pan for next two hours.
- Until the cookware develops a dark and semi-matte surface repeat the process at least for five more.
- Give details guidelines how to season and prolong the lifespan cookware
- Ensure the natural seasoning on the cookware
- This organic oil will never go rancid and make your cookware sticky.
- Makes your cookware easier to clean
- It will makes your food taste better
- It take more time to clean up
Caron Doucet – Cast Iron Care Bundle – Cast Iron Oil & Cast Iron Soap
Caron Doucet – Cast Iron Care Bundle is perfect to clean all kinds of cookware such as pans, woks, pots, griddles, dutch ovens, skillets and frying pans. This cleaning oil is made with refined coconut oil and it is enhanced with food grade essential oil.
This cast iron cookware conditioner will prolong and protect the lifespan of your cookware. You can wash and clean your cookware with the oil, there is no probability of damage. Personally I use this oil in my kitchen to wash cast iron.
If I use other oil sometimes it takes so much time to clean and can’t wash perfectly. If you use this oil it will not get a foul odour or become sticky over time like grapeseed, flaxseed, canola and palm oil.
This oil keep your food safe and ensure natural seasoning. It is 100% natural, no parabens, phosphates and synthetic foaming agents.
How to season cookware with Cast Iron Care Bundle Oil:
- Take a little amount of oil onto the pan
- Work the oil into the cast iron using a microfiber cloth or a paper towel
- For better result do this after use the cookware.
- The cast iron conditioner will safe and prolong the lifespan of cast iron cookware.
- It prevent from moisture damage that can lead to rusting
- The cast iron pan will not get foul odour and become sticky over time
- Preserving the seasoned cooking surface
- It is user friendly with all kinds of cookware
- It is expensive
Caron & Doucet – Cast Iron Seasoning Oil & Conditioner
Are you looking for 100% natural seasoning oil? Caron & Doucet it the best natural cast iron seasoning oil and conditioner. This is a little plastic bottle with 120ml oil but is so helpful in seasoning.
The cast iron oil is perfect for all cast iron cookware such as dutch ovens, griddles, pots, pans, woks, skillets and frying pans. Please remember that mush dry the cast iron pan before applying the oil.
This cast iron oil will not go rancid leaving a sticky and smelly residue. The traditional seasoning methods are so heard and lost your time. But the cast iron oil save your time and money both. It is less expensive and you can this safely.
- Will not go sticky or rancid
- Helps maintain seasoning on all cast iron cookware
- The cast iron conditioner will prolong and protect the lifespan of cast iron pan
- This natural oil help to eliminate unwanted food odours.
- Small plastic oil bottle
KitCast Natural Cast Iron Flax Oil with Free eBook, 150ml
KitCast Natural Cast Iron Flax Oil developed from food grade equivalent of flax seed oil. The drying oil and woodworkers are protective layer on their work. It helps cast iron oil in cleaning, seasoning, regular maintenance, restore and re-seasoning.
Most of the cast iron lovers tried different kind of oil to season cast iron – canola oil, coconut oil, palm oil and avocado oil. But they don’t get their expected result. I use the oil regular basis on the pan and skillets. It surface hard, unscathed, smooth and even repair the rust spots.
When you apply fat polymerization in your cast iron and you will get the result. The fat polymerization is maximized with this oil and drying oil to restore and seasoning. This will keep your food safe. It remove toxic chemical from your cookware. To get great result use this in your post, skillets, dutch ovens, woks, pans, and grills.
Details seasoning guideline according to ebook:
- Heat the cookware until its smoking hot before season.
- Clean the cookware with warm water and dry out it with a paper towel
- Coat it with a little amount of oil before storage
- If you want to re-season the pan clean the cookware and apply the same process
- Cast iron oil helps cleaning, seasoning, restore, regular maintenance and re-seasoning
- Developed from food grade elements of flax seed oil and the drying oil that painters
- This formula makes cast iron surfaces hard, smooth and unscathed
- Polymerization ensure the use of drying oil
- Small size bottle
16 oz Cast Iron Oil and Grill Conditioner
If you want to get better result in seasoning cookware you have to must use Cast Iron Oil. Cast Iron Oil is the best solution to keep your kitchen cast iron pang and grill ware smooth, clean, rust free and longer lifespan.
To season cookware you need pure coconut oil. 16 OZ Cast Iron Oil made with 100% pure refined coconut oil contains no added scents and no added preservatives. After refined the coconut oil it is separates sod that the LCT are removed and only the MCT are left. Its turn into rancid free pure oil.
After season the cookware with Cast Iron Oil that’s provides a smooth finish. It gives a non-stick cooking surface and leaves no odors or smell. No need to wash the cookware before next time use. The coconut oil prevent the cookware from rust.
Step by step guideline of season cast iron cookware with coconut oil:
- Preheat the cookware to around 300 degrees
- Clean the cookware with warm water and dry the pan with soft clean cloths.
- Rub the cast iron oil with fractionated coconut oil around the pan using a piece of cloth
- Make sure that the oil is entirely coated
- Heat the cookware for 30 minutes until completely absorbs the oil.
- Finally place the pan in the storage.
- Without leaving a scent or a sticky finish it will extend cookware life
- It is works for all types of cast iron cookware
- It is trustable to put on your cookware
- No need refrigeration
Camp Chef Cast Iron Conditioner
Camp Chef Cast Iron Conditioner is palm oil based formula to season all kinds of cast iron and other cookware. I like this conditioner because it is recommended by the world champion Dutch oven chefs. By the way, it is made with 100% natural ingredients.
To season cast iron Dutch ovens, griddles, skillets, grill grates and others cookware Cast Iron conditioner is the best option I think. It contains all natural oil so it is easy release surface.
After clean the cookware the natural non-stick power with a layer of conditioner will be restore. Be careful to heat the cookware, because the conditioner is temperature sensitive. Clean the cast iron cookware using a little warm water with the conditioner.
- Easy to clean cookware
- Save time and money both
- Best way to season all kinds of cookware
- The bottle is only 6 oz.
Kuche Chef Organic Cast Iron Oil & Cast Iron Conditioner (8 oz)
We all expect the best result to season our cookware. If we season the cookware in traditional method we don’t get the perfect result. So that we use different seasoning oil to get a better result. Flaxseed oil ensure the result.
Flaxseed oil grown and pressed pure in the USA – North Dakota. Kuche Chef Cast Iron Oil works well – because it is made from flaxseed oil which is concentration of Omega-3 fatty acids.
Kuche Chef Organic Cast Iron Oil ensure the natural seasoning of the cookware. It makes cookware easier to clean and make your food taste batter.
How to season cookware:
- Warm clean heat the cast iron pan for 15 minutes in a 200°F (100°C) oven
- After 15 minutes remove the pan and place 1 tablespoon oil.
- Then rub the oil into the surface with paper towels and remove the excess oil
- Place the oiled pan in a cold over and set the oven to 450°F (250°C) heat for 60 minutes
- Remove the pan and cool at least for two hours
- To get better result repeat the process more five times until the pan develops a dark
- Flaxseed oil contains high concentration of Omega-3 fatty acids
- Have a details guidelines to teach you how to clean, season and prolong of lifespan
- It is easy to use, because flaxseed oil is a drying oil
- It keeps cookware shiny, smooth and non-stick result
- The price is a little high
Crisbee Stik Original Cast Iron Seasoning Oil & Conditioner
If you are looking for cost effective long term use cast iron oil this is for you. You can use over 60 times to clean 10 inch skillet. Most of the cast iron require 1/2 ounce for per cookware. That means for 8 ounce bottle equals you can only clean 16 cookware.
This oil is not using for cost iron pan. You can also clean other accessories like carbon steel cookware, wood cutting boards, wood knife handle, griddle cooktops, wooden utensils and gun stocks. This is not turn rancid unlike flaxseed oil, vegetable shortening, canola oil and coconut oil.
- Very cost effective
- Perfect for season all cookware
- Protects cast iron cookware
Lodge A-SPRAY Seasoning Spray, 8-Ounce, Yellow
Lodge A-SPRAY Seasoning Spray in a non-aerosal spray. It protects cookware and enhances finish. I like this specially for its spray feature. It has adjustable spray settings. To season the iron stick not need to waste more oil. Its spray system will save oil and time.
It is made in U.S.A. The cast iron oil is 8-fluid ounces of 100% canola oil. For its spray system it is very easy to clean any cookware. To season the cookware spray the oil in full cookware and wait a little time. Then clean the cookware with a paper towel. But this allows you to mist the coating all over the cookware and evenly before wiping down.
It makes super easy to clean any cookware. Now a days to use oil needs extra stuff to properly use. But it don’t need any extra stuff.
Crisbee Puck Tin Original Cast Iron Seasoning Oil & Conditioner
Crisbee Puck Tin Original Cast Iron Oil is very cost effective. Using single tin you can season 10-inch skillet over 75 times. But, most of the cast iron oil don’t have the capacity. Normally to season a cast iron pan ½ ounce oil is required. That means using per bottle oil you can season 16 applications. With compare with this it will save your money.
You can season all kinds of cookware using the oil. It will help you to develop a beautiful finish on all cast iron pan. To season cookware melt a small about and spread it will a pastry or BBQ brush around the pan.
- Very cost effective
- Perfect for initial seasoning cookware and daily maintenance of cast iron
- Perfect seasoning of all kinds of cookware.
How to Maintain Cast Iron Cookware?
- Use wooden or silicone utensils to prevent scratching of the cooking surface
- After each use immediately rinse cast iron hot water and kosher salt and scrub with a chainmail scrubber.
- Remember that don’t use soap
- Don’t leave the cast iron cookware to soak in water and always hand wash
- To wash the cookware you can’t use dishwasher. It is not safe.
- After use and wash dry the cast iron in warm and avoid rust damage.
How to Season a Cast Iron Skillet With Coconut Oil?
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean the cast iron cookware with warm water. Remember that don’t use any soup to wash the pan.
- Use a pastry or BBQ brush or bristle brush to clean the pan of any dirt and debris
- Then dry the cookware with a soft, clean cloth.
- Take the oil with a wax paper and rub into the all over the pan, inside and outside both.
- Setup the pan on the oven and heat for 30 to 60 minutes
- After that cool the cookware approximately for 30 minutes
I and my team try our best to provide you proper information on Best Oils for Seasoning Cast Iron. After 1 month research we create this list of best oil to season cast iron. All products are available in Amazon. You can see also their customer review to get more information. Hope this topic help you so much.