Sodastream Reviews in 2019 (Top 10 Best Sodastream)
The 10 Best SodaStream Reviews in 2019 And Beyond
There’s a pretty good reason why soda gets a bad rap these days. When the word soda is mentioned, our minds are often clouded by images of super-sweet drinks that pack on the pounds and make doctors wealthy. It’s justifiably a dreadful feeling.
Commercial soda is bad for our health. Indeed, most commercial soda is loaded with sugar and other unhealthy sweeteners, including aspartame and high-fructose corn syrup. Most of it is full of carbs and calories, which are not only bad for your body but also your teeth.
But, what if we told you there’s a flexible way to create your own sparkling drinks by controlling the flavor and fizziness to your personal level? It will definitely be music to your ears. And this is where the best sodastream comes into the picture.
There have been numerous iterations of soda making machines over the years, and sorting the best options suitable for your home or office needs can be quite a task. Luckily, we’ve scoured the internet and tested several top-rated models to bring you the best sodastream machine that will fit your needs and budget. In this soda stream reviews, we show you the top ten best soda makers that money can buy.
Without further ado, let’s get straight to our soda maker reviews. Shall we?
The Best SodaStream Models — SodaStream Model Comparison 2019
The 10 Best SodaStream Reviews in 2019 And Beyond
1. SodaStream Fizzi MEGA KIT Sparkling Water Maker
SodaStream Fizzi MEGA KIT Sparkling Water Maker is the leading soda making machine on the market today. When you buy this model, you get a complete package that features numerous components including two 60-liter carbonators, two Fruit Drops 40-ml flavor syrups, and three 1-liter carbonating bottles.
These impressive components will literally rock your taste buds! This model gives you the flexibility to spice up your drink with a choice of orange or lime flavor. Not only does it include those extra features, but it’s also designed with snap-lock technology. This tech function helps you tap into sparling water in seconds.
Thanks to its sleek and lightweight design, you can fit it in whichever decor you have in your kitchen. This sparkling water maker is itself tremendously easy to use and looks nice at your countertop. It’s environmentally friendly, requires no batteries or outlets, and you can travel with it on the go. The two cylinders allow you to make up to 60 liters of Sparkling Water.
The volume of the liquid produced relies on your desired level of carbonation. The more the carbonation level, the less the volume of water you’ll get. What’s more appealing is that this device features an improved “buzz” sound, which typically comes with the Crystal and Jet versions.
Overall, SodaStream Fizzi MEGA KIT is powerful, energy-efficient and draws its power from the CO2 Cylinder. It is an excellent choice to buy, especially if you’re a newbie to the whole bubbling thing. It’s amazing stuff comprising pretty much everything you need.
- Draws power from recyclable CO2 Cylinder
- Multiple additional features included
- Extremely easy to use even by the novices
- Environmentally friendly and energy-efficient
- Lightweight and sleek design fits any kitchen decor
- The bubblier settings can decrease the amount of drink you‘ll finally get
2. SodaStream Genesis Sparkling Water Maker, Black and Silver
Would you wish to enjoy the freedom of making your own sparkling drinks in a matter of seconds? Well, the SodaStream Genesis Sparkling Water Maker could be your answer. The Genesis model comes with refined mechanics and is powered by a reusable CO2 cylinder, which enables you to convert your tap water into customized sparkling drinks in a jiffy.
The kit comes with Genesis Sparkling Water Maker, Mini CO2 Carbonator, 60-liter mail-in rebate, and one-liter BPA-Free & Reusable Carbonating Bottle. Note that the Mini CO2 Carbonator can make no less than 9 liters of sparkling water.
This item comes in a sleek and lightweight design featuring Twist-lock technology. So, it brings its sleek and slender elegance into your kitchen. It doesn’t need batteries or electricity and you can make your sparkling drinks in no time. All you have to do is twist in the bottle and press the button to carbonate.
It can transform your water into carbonated beverages customized to your specific taste. Again, this unit is great for our Mother Nature. The CO2 cylinder, which you can buy separately, is not only refillable but also environmentally friendly.
Each cylinder generates more than 60 one-liter bottles, making it easy to produce your unique fizzy and sparkling drinks at home. You can either consume your sparkling drinks right from the bottle or transfer it into glasses to share with your family and friends.
- Comes in slim-fit, space saving design
- Twist-Lock technology for convenience during carbonation
- The CO2 Carbonator is compatible with 60L, exchangeable at your favorite retailer
- Comes with BPA-free carbonating bottles featuring fizz-preserving caps
- Reasonably affordable, so you can save money on soda while reducing plastic bottle waste
- Some customers complain that this model can easily become defective
3. SodaStream Crystal Sparkling Water Maker – Black and Silver – with Dishwasher safe Carafe
The SodaStream Crystal Sparkling Water Maker is another excellent model that is eco-friendly and can produce quality carbonated water. This is a manual pump machine, which doesn’t need batteries or even electricity. Rather than using a cumbersome lever, it includes an easy-to-press carbonation button.
This model produces a “buzz” sound to indicate the level of carbonation when preparing sparkling water, soda, or energy drink. The sound may vary depending on the flavor mixes you added after the carbonated water is produced.
One of the best features included in the SodaStream Crystal mode is the glass carafe, which comes in handy when mixing and serving. This carafe is simple to clean, dishwasher safe, and more environmentally friendly than plastic bottle alternatives. Again, the Crystal starter kit features the standard CO2 carbonator.
This high-end stainless steel soda maker is sleek, and is designed for use with either glass bottles or a carafe. The setup is not only gorgeous, but the included carafe is long-lasting and friendly to the eco-system. It’s one of the best soda makers currently available.
- Eco-friendly in nature
- Requires no battery or electricity
- Highlights an easy-to-press carbonation button, unlike those with a cumbersome lever
- Includes a glass carafe for convenient mixing and serving
- The carafe is easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- The carafe is purchased separately, which is somehow inconvenient
4. SodaStream Source Sparkling Water Maker Starter Kit
SodaStream Source Sparkling Water Maker Starter Kit is a popular model that has been one of the brand’s mainstream offerings for some time now. This starter kit is your go-to option, more so if you’re just getting into producing carbonated drinks at home.
The unit comes with a lightweight and portable Source Sparkling Water Maker Machine. The machine is so lightweight and portable that you can pack with you on a vacation or a camping trip. You don’t need the batteries or electricity to power it, so you can imagine the convenience you’ll have on your trip.
This is one of the few models with an integrated LED indicator. The LED indicator helps you monitor the level of carbonation produced with each manual pump. Using this device is a downhill task, and there’s a video guide to help you.
What’s more, the Source kit comes with several add-ons including a CO2 Carbonator as well as a 1-liter carbonating bottle. The former can produce up to 9 liters of sparkling water. The model is compatible with the 60-liter carbonator, plus there’s an included mail-in rebate.
- Neither batteries nor electricity required
- Lightweight and extremely portable
- Minimizes plastic bottle wastage
- Integrated LED indicator for monitoring carbonation level
- Simple insert and push-lock technology
- No known deal breakers thus far
5. SodaStream Jet Sparkling Water Maker Starter Kit, Black and Silver
The SodaStream Jet Sparling Water Maker Starter Kit is another great model from the leading sparkling water brands globally. You get the freedom to adjust the volume you need, simply because the included fountain jet is compatible with bigger tanks like 130-liter CO2 tank. You can produce sufficient drinks for a whole gang of guests.
Obviously, you would wish to pop into your kitchen once, only having to leave your guests occasionally. In actuality, no one would wish to endlessly prepare fizzy drinks with the smaller tanks of about 60 liters. Well, if that’s the case, you are in luck.
The JET is currently the only sparkling water that can seamlessly match with the 130-liter cylinder. You will be pleased to know that your product includes plentiful features like a Jet Sparkling Water Maker, a 1-liter BPA-free recyclable carbonating bottle, a Mini CO2 Carbonator, and a 60-liter mail-in rebate. Your Mini CO2 Carbonator can make up to 9 liters of sparkling water.
The soda making device comes in a lightweight and sleek design. It’s a product of the future, which does not require either electricity or batteries. The Jet allows you to produce fizzy drinks in less than 30 seconds, literally. You can entertain your visitors while making water-drinking a fun venture.
- Reasonably affordable — our budget pick
- Pretty easy to set up and use
- Neither requires batteries nor electricity
- Lightweight and sleek design
- Compatible with a 130-liter CO2 tank and the 60-liter one
- Somehow cheaply designed
6. Sodastream Fountain Jet Soda Maker Starter Kit
The SodaStream Fountain Jet Soda Maker Starter Kit is a sleek soda maker, which is ideal for anyone who enjoys making sparkling water at home. This model has been around for more than 15 years and is still a favorite due to its intuitive design. To make carbonated water, you simply pop in the CO2 canister and push the button until a buzz sound emerges.
This Fountain Jet Starter Kit gives you all you need to turn your tap water into sparkling water – all in just 30 seconds. The unit, which is available in black or silver, includes one CO2 canister that can produce up to 60 liters of sparkling water. Since it requires no batteries or electricity, you can use it anywhere you want – in your kitchen, on your RV or boat, or even outdoors on your deck or patio.
Apart from producing fizzy water, the product offers up to 25 regular diet, energy as well as caffeine-free flavors of syrup (available separately). You can make more than 12 liters of soda (equivalent to 33 cans) with each 500-ml soda mix bottle. The diet soda mixes do not contain aspartame, while the regular soda mixes are free from high fructose corn syrup.
- Simple setup and use
- A wide variety of excellent flavors
- Produces an endless supply of freshly made sparkling water in just 30 seconds
- No batteries or electricity
- Convenient and occupies only a tiny counter space
- Reaching your desired fizziness can be a hassle
7. SodaStream Power Automatic Sparkling Water Maker – Black
SodaStream Power Automatic Sparkling Water Maker is a useful appliance that converts your tap water into sparkling water at the press of a button. It enables you to carbonate water, add your desired flavor and enjoy quality drinks at home. The box contains a Power Black Sparkling Water Maker, a 60-liter CO2 Cylinder, and a 1-liter carbonating bottle.
One-touch carbonation along with three fizz levels will take your user experience to a whole new level. The unit features an award-winning design that gives your kitchen a sleek, minimalist look. It also integrates a unique snap-lock mechanism that holds your bottle in place to avoid spills and leaks
This SodaStream model comes with the LED light carbonation indicator, which allows you to switch between levels in a convenient way. With it, no more storing plastic and lugging heavy bottles in your house. The included 60-liter CO2 aluminum gas carbonator can produce up to 60 liters of glistening water.
What’s more, this machine gives you the best value for your hard-earned money. This Sparkling Water Maker is simple, smart, and offers a cost-effective way of making sparkling water at home. So, if you’ve been looking for a cost-efficient way to make sparkling water for your family and guests, rest assured this machine will never disappoint.
- Award-winning design with a minimalist look
- Snap-lock mechanism for holding the bottle in place to avoid spills and leaks
- LED light indicator for switching between carbonation levels
- Eco-friendly and wallet friendly
- Available in black/silver with upgraded technology
- Some customers have reported malfunction after a few uses
- Gas cylinders can get faulty and are extremely expensive to replace
8. Drinkmate Beverage Carbonation Maker with 3 oz. Test Cylinder, Metallic Red
Drinkmate Beverage Carbonation Maker with 3oz Test Cylinder is the only carbonation system in the world that allows you to carbonate just about anything. Whether it is lemonade, apple cider, flat beer, tea, wine or cocktails, Drinkmate does it all. It is one of those soda makers that will give you ultimate freedom to accomplish whatever you have in mind.
What’s more interesting is that this model a smaller foot print, which means it occupies very little space in your kitchen. It is easy to use, easy to clean, with no batteries or electricity required. The quick connect bottle is not only BPA-free but has a volume mark line for monitoring carbonation level.
The unit incorporates the patented Fizz-Infuser, which gives you maximum control over the level of carbonation you want. This tech function also offers ultimate control over the release of CO2 gas, giving you excellent carbonation for your drink.
Although this model will need you to go through a few more steps to carbonate your beverages, the fact is that it gives you more control over the release of CO2. Also, the device is suitable for use with 3 oz. and 14.5 oz. or 60-liter CO2 cartridges. For that reason, you will get all the convenience you’ve ever wanted.
- A smaller foot print for easy storage
- Easy to operate, clean and store
- A quick connect BPA-FREE bottle with helpful volume marks
- Patented Fizz-Infuser for maximum control over carbonation level
- Compatible with 3 oz. and 14 oz. cartridges
- The process of carbonating your beverages is too long and somehow complex
9. KitchenAid KSS1121ER Sparkling Beverage Maker, Empire Red
The KitchenAid KSS1121ER Sparkling Beverage Maker is your ideal soda maker, especially if you need a durable and stylish soda maker and have a little extra to spend. This product comes from a partnership between KitchenAid and SodaStream. It’s engineered, designed and assembled in Greenville, Ohio.
This Sparkling Beverage Maker is powered by SodaStream, and is extremely simple to operate. All you need to do is fill the bottle with tap water, then fizz up to your preferred carbonation level using the carbonation lever. Next, add your desired flavor and enjoy your carbonated water.
The unit features the same mechanics as SodaStream’s other models, including over 60 seamless flavors. What sets it apart from other soda makers is a premium die-cast metal housing, which makes it compatible with other appliances from KitchenAid. This is an all-metal design, which is also simple to clean.
This Sparkling Beverage Maker includes several elements such as a 1-liter reusable bottle, 60-liter CO2 tank, and a one-year hassle-free replacement warranty. Apart from the Empire Red, there are other colors including White, Onyx Black, and Contour Silver.
This product is highly recommended due to its heavy-duty construction and chic design. It features carbonation lever with an extremely soft grip handle. The soft grip handle has four settings, giving you the convenience to add proper amount of fizz to your beverage.
- Heavy-duty construction lasts longer
- A chic and attractive design
- Comes in eight beautiful colors for easy selection
- Premium die-cast metal housing is easy to clean
- Comfortable grip handle
- A little more expensive than other units of the same caliber
- The customer service is questionable
10. Sodastream Revolution Starter Kit Review
The SodaStream Revolution Starter Kit model ends our list of the best and cheap soda maker models this year. When it comes to superficial looks, this model appears to stand out from the crowd. It is sleeker than many other soda makers in existence today.
The entire machine mirrors a fountain soft drink maker that is normally found at fast food restaurants. That doesn’t mean it is unsightly, not at all. It sports nickel accents as well as the black casing that fits in nicely.
The full package comprises numerous components like those available in many SodaStream products. There is a recyclable carbonating bottle and a 60-liter refillable carbonator. The setup is also easier than expected.
The carbonating bottle needs no screwing; simply push it in its place. Once it’s in press a button to produce your carbonated water. No manual pumping needed here, so it’s tremendously simple to operate. All you need to do is push a button and the bottle gets filled to the desired level of carbonation.
- Sports a sleek, minimalist design
- Numerous components for convenience
- Simple to set up — no screwing required
- Simple to operate at the press of a button
- Fast and effective carbonation
- Most moving parts pose an issue yet it’s an expensive model
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Can you refill SodaStream cylinders?
Yes. You can swap empty CO2 canisters at any local store. Refilling is cheaper than buying new and its functions correctly.
2. How long does 60l SodaStream last?
A 60-liter SodaStream cylinder can make an average of 60 bottles of sparkling water. So, it will last for 8-9 weeks if you produce one bottle a day.
3. How long do sodastream bottles last?
Consumable packages from SodaStream are entirely recyclable and can be put to use even after they have outlived their useful lives. Carbonating bottles can be recycled up to 3 years before the replacement is required.
4. Why do SodaStream bottles expire?
SodaStream bottles can be made from either glass or plastic material, albeit most are made from plastic. These bottles are continuously under pressure, so replacing them after 18 months to three years is necessary. No need to worry because each bottle has an expiry date label.
5. Sodastream how many pumps?
Normally, only 3 pumps are needed to produce an average of one liter bottle. Only 2 pumps are sufficient if you’re producing a little less than one liter.
6. How many liters does SodaStream co2 make?
If used as per the provided guidelines, one cartridge can produce as much as 60 liters of carbonated water.
7. How do I clean my Sparkling Water Maker?
Cleaning a sparkling water maker requires lukewarm water and a soft, damp cloth. It’s recommended to use a non-abrasive cleaner. Always remember to detach the soda carbonator before cleaning.
8. Can I re-fizz a drink that has gone flat?
Yes. It’s entirely possible. Simply drop a single raisin into the bottle to bring back the sparkle.
9. How do I know if my CO2 cylinder is empty?
When there’s liquid CO2 in the tank, the gauge will indicate 1000 PSI. When the volume of CO2 liquid in the tank drops to the point only CO2 gas is remaining, the PSI gauge indicates a lower pressure. Also, you won’t hear the buzzing sound even after repeatedly pressing the carbonating button.
10. How can I tell if there is enough fizz in my water?
The term “enough” is a very subjective one. The benefit of a sparkling water maker is that you have complete control over the level of fizz in your drinks. So, it all boils down to your preference.
What is SodaStream?
It is pretty easy to clean sodastream bottle. But you have to see first what kinds of bottle you get with your sodastream. Most of sodastream model give us one or two bottle. The great things is the bottles are reusable. So it is hassle-free. But you have to clean the sodastream bottle regularly. It is so very simple.
SodaStream is a leading brand that manufactures small appliances for making sodas, sparkling waters, bubbly cocktails, or seltzers in an eco-friendly way and from the comfort of your home.
The company produces the SodaStream drinks maker, which is a device used to force CO2 gas into the water to make it a fizzy drink. Typically, a complete product is comprised of the machine itself, a reusable beverage bottle(s), and the CO2 cylinder.
SodaStream has managed to put a twist on how we get the delicious fizz of soda without putting a strain on your wallet. It also cuts down the amount of packaging waste from store-sourced drinks. If you read various soda maker reviews, you’ll realize that home soda machines have been around for some time now, but SodaStream is the pioneer brand.
The current market presents some of the best soda makers, including sparkling water makers and soda siphons for dispensing carbonated water to craft a fizzy beverage. It should be clearly noted that SodaStream was the first company to produce home soda making appliances.
How does sodastream work?
How SodaStream save your money? It is a little interesting. Most of the people spent much money behind to take a soft drink. If we calculate this amount, it will be a big amount at the end of the month.
SodaStream drink makers work in pretty much the same way as soda guns in restaurants. First, it carbonates water and then mixes concentrated syrup to give the required flavor. SodaStreams are guaranteed to work with water, but some folks end up hacking these devices to carbonate other beverages.
To use the device, pour your boring tap water into the system and it will turn it into sparkling water in thirty seconds. You can choose from a selection of up to 60 flavored syrups in the water depot, and create your delicious flavored soda. These flavors comprise diet and regular combinations of lemon-lime, cola, red berry mix, exotic fruit flavors, pink grapefruit, ice tea, energy drinks, cocktail mixers, and much more.
Worth nothing, SodaStream entails 60% less sugar compared to a regular soda. Generally, there are two things to put in mind when making your sparkling water. That is the sugar content and density or thickness of your liquid.
How to use SodaStream?
Most of the several soda makers have one or two reusable 1L bottles. We know plastic bottle and cans are harmful to our environment. The reusable bottle helps us to decrease plastic bottle and can.
SodaStream is a good system that gives you the freedom to make your own bubbly drinks depending on your requirements. Using SodaStream is pretty easier than you probably think, and you can make your sparkling drinks in seconds. Each Sparkling Water Maker includes a plastic BPA-Free carbonating bottle.
All bottles are uniquely designed, safe, and reusable. Again, every machine comes with a carbon dioxide cylinder (CO2 Cylinder). Here is the procedure for using sodastream sparkling drink maker:
- Pour cold water into a bottle or jug and store it in a refrigerator for a couple of days. You will need to do this only if the temperature of the water is slightly more than room temperature. Otherwise, this step is optional.
- Screw your jug tightly onto the system.
- Push the carbonating button on top of the machine several times until you get the right carbonation amount. You will hear a buzz when the bottle begins to fill with carbonation. Give a break in between the pushes.
- Press the black button located on top of the system back from the edge of the system. Push it hard but gentle and firm.
- Take off or unscrew your bottle from the machine. Doing this creates the fizziness of the drink water.
- Hold the bottle sideways from its current angle of 90 degrees. Slant it at least 15 degrees to be able to pour the contents accurately
- Depending on the package guidelines, add one or more packets of syrup into the jug
- Press the cap onto the bottle
- Lastly, shake the bottle to thoroughly mix the water and the soda filling. Enjoy it right from the bottle or share it into glasses to serve.
How to clean sodastream bottle?
There’s no doubt that carbonating machines are genius. Forget the flavors, these devices provide delicious sparkling water to entertain your family and guests. Whether you want to just stay hydrated at work or you are a sober driver on the road, bubbly water gives you a fancy feel.
But, there’s probably one annoying thing about these bottles – they are not dishwasher safe. It’s not fun to wash up these bottles, and the flipside is that you don’t want to drink from a bottle filled with sugar residue at the bottom. These bottles need proper cleaning on a regular basis.
It’s important to clean a bottle of SodaStream as soon as you’ve finished your drink. A near empty bottle is highly likely to dry out inside and become harder to clean. So, clean the bottle right away if you have time.
When cleaning a SodaStream bottle, first identify whether it needs a blitz clean or a full clean. You may increase or decrease the cleaning ratio depending on the number of germs accumulated. Well, let’s look at the blitz clean steps below:
- Run the hot tap a little to warm up the bottle
- Fill 50% water into the bottle and tip it out
- Once again, fill 50% water into the bottle and tip it out once more
- Fill your bottle with water up to somewhere between 60 and 75% and then put the lid on
- Vigorously shake the closed bottle and tip out the bottle
- Rinse the bottle by filling it a bit and tipping out
- Clean under the cap by scalding in a stream of warm water
- You are done
Here’s the procedure for carrying out the full clean:
- Pour hot water and dishwashing liquid into a washing up bowl
- Immerse your bottle into the bowl to fill up
- Pour out the content
- Fill your bottle again and put on the cap
- Vigorously shake the closed bottle for a while and empty it
- For super-clean results, unscrew the base and scrub it gently but exhaustively
- Your SodaStream bottle and lid are now clean, but there are soap suds covering them. Soap suds can affect the fizzing power on your next batch of carbonated drinks. So, rinse it carefully using hot water.
Now, there you go. Your bottle and lid are now clean and awaiting your next use. Cleaning your bottle regularly can significantly prolong its durability or lifespan.
Replacement sodastream bottles
Standard sodastream bottles require replacement every three years. For those why may not know how old their bottle is, simply check your bottle and you will see a “do not use after” date mark on it.
It’s not clear why these bottles do not exceed three years, but perhaps it’s because they’ve only been tested for safety beyond three years. SodaStream is willing to guarantee these bottles for a maximum of three years as of now.
Before you go for your replacement bottles, ensure that your CO2 bottle has no more carbonation left. This is indicated by the lack of visible bubbles when the bottle is filled with cold water. You can get your replacement CO2 bottle at various stores worldwide. The cost can vary but is relatively inexpensive.
We have finally come to the conclusion of this SodaStream reviews. Hopefully, this review will come in handy when choosing the best soda maker model for your home or office needs. We tested all products reviewed above soda stream reviews and we can guarantee that they are going to satisfy your taste buds. Have a blast!